Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I guess it's time I run/ far, far away/ find comfort in pain"

- James Blunt, Tears and Rain


Doctor Who:
"'Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?'  'Yeah.'  'What happened?'  'Hello!'"

"'You could have come back' 'No, I couldn't.' 'Why?'"

Star Trek:
"'I thought you turned your back on them.' 'I did, but they're still my people. I tried to deny it, I tried to forget, but I can't. They're my people and I want to be with them in the Great Link.'"

Oranges are not the Only Fruit:
"
"I came to this city to escape. This city is full of towers to climb and climb, and to climb faster and faster, marvelling at the design and dreaming of the view from the top. At the top there is a keen wind and everything is so far away it's impossible to say what is what. There is no one to discuss it with. ...Wouldn't it be nice to sit on the ground again? I came to this city to escape."

"I thought in this city, a past was precisely that. Past. Why do I have to remember? In the old world, anyone could be a new creation, the past was washed away. Why should the new world be so inquisitive?"

           
"'Don't you ever think of going back?'
Silly question. There are threads that help you find your way back, and there are threads that intend to bring you back. Mine turns to the pull, it's hard to pull away. I'm always thinking of going back. When Lot's wife looked over her shoulder, she turned into a pillar of salt. Pillars hold things up, and salt keeps things clean, but it's a poor exchange for losing your self. People do go back, but they don't survive, because two realities are claiming them at the same time. Such things are too much. You can salt your heart, or kill your heart, or you can choose between the two realities. There is much pain here. ...Going back after a long time will make you mad, because the people you left behind do not like to think of you changed, will treat you as they always did, accuse you of being indifferent, when you are only different."

No comments:

Post a Comment