Thursday, February 3, 2011

Say hello to the universe

 Wonder- to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel

Awe- an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like

I like the inclusion of the word fear- because when I am truly overwhelmed by something I feel that thrill of adrenaline, which can be fear.  Something so massive, so mind-blowing and beyond comprehension has to inspire some fear, because you don't have any control over something like that.  You just have to stop and stare at it, admiring the way the universe works.   

I am a dreamer, an idealist, always fanciful and proud of it.  Here are a ridiculous number of Doctor Who images to get my point across.

"Anywhere you want, any time you want.  One condition- it has to be amazing."


“I don’t know what you are, the two of you, or where you’re from. But I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun.  But your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death and I will not allow it!  You will leave these shores.  And you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good.  And how much longer you may survive this terrible life.”

I want to believe.  I want to believe in love and kindness and compassion.  I want to believe in the fantastic, the surreal, the sublime.  In our ability to reason, and the existence of things far beyond my ability to imagine.  I want to believe that we can survive together, and that will and empathy and hope are indomitable.  I refuse to "grow up" and not be completely awestruck by life and the beauty of existence.

By the way, I quite like our beautiful "pale blue dot"(Carl Sagan).  I have pictures from this summer- ooh I will make another collage, just for kicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment